Thread: AAR Not so welcome
View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2020, 01:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Not so welcome

@FASTBOAT thank you for the kind words. It is true that it was a very entertaining battle, as were all SaSTroop's scenarios.

Now...

1-Yeah, Armata is quite tough and it is up there with the T-90MS as the top tier Russian tanks. Standard way to fight them is massed missile fire or tank shots to the sides or rear (slight parenthesis here. Challenger gun isn't the greatest out there and I think it can penetrate the frontal hull of an Armata at around 500 meters. I guess an Abrams or a Leo-2A7 will be able to achieve that from further away and can even penetrate the turret at close ranges)

2-Challenger is the grandchild of a Churchill heavy tank. Heavy armor, meh gun (although it is quite accurate).

3-True that. The British have Stormer SAMs on the scenario but they did not fare much better. I shot down only one SU-24 out of around 4-6 that attacked me in total. This is definitely NOT great achievement.

4-No comment here, it shuts airspace completely.

5-Yeah, Javelin is well known, but the pleasant surprise were the MBT LAWs. These things give the British rifleman a significant kick compared to its counterparts.

6-About the helos, it is the neverending story of how they are modelled in the game. At first they were glass cannons. Now they are literal flying tanks. This is especially annoying with the Russian helos that are well armored as well. In the game, I hit two Ka-50s with tank rounds (and I think 3 more with Warrior 40mm), one of them from 13 hexes away. Didn't cause a single point of damage. Of course this is ridiculous if you think about it IRL, but I guess modelling helicopters is very hard.

7- I actually did have to Eurofighters on SEAD role. They were the first two ones that were blasted out of the skies by the S-400s. Grrr...