Thread: Empires
View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2007, 04:09 AM

Brigadier General

President_Elect_Shang is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Empires

2402.6 -- Wyoming 001 Yard is completed in orbit of Tal-Re Prime. The Senate declines Sky Marshall Kana's request for the Agamemnon DD and instead orders the production of 6 Daphne II's. The old Daphne class FG's were scrapped when engineers announced that the old hull construction could not be made compatible with the new design. The Daphne II's will be produced at a rate of 1 every 2 months. This is much faster than ground based construction which would have only been able to produce 1 every 4 months. The Senate assures the Sky Marshall that after the production run has been completed the Agamemnon will be given top priority. This does nothing to assuage the Sky Marshall who points out, rather noisily, that the Republic is ripe for invasion. Senator Young of Tal-Re Prime: "And tell us Sky Marshall, where are these invading hordes of yours? In your little war mongering mind I think. Be happy with the bone we have thrown you, now go gnaw on it and get off the porch." Kana slowly turns and without a word walks away. Aid: "Sky Marshall I thought you were going to kill him back there." Kana: "A confrontation with a Senator, even one as arrogant and small minded as Young would kill my future. I may want to wrap my hands around his scrawny little bird neck right now but that wouldn't help the Republic at all. My successor may be just like him."