View Single Post
Old December 25th, 2009, 12:17 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RanDom v2.03 - Map gen & Semirandomizer... Updated

I still have trouble with the basic 4 math functions from 4th grade. My enjoyment of programming is based partly on being able to just type in the formula someone gives me, or having the program do the math for me. Thats what computers are for.

ParadoxHarbinger's "simple" explanations of some of his programs features sounded to me like a lecture from Stephen Hawkins. Personally I think I did pretty good. I got maps out of it that I felt were comfortable to look at, properly colored for the terrains, and in different sizes. But everything in the program is so inter-connected that if someone wanted one a certain size or more water I ended up starting over completely. Any small change affected everything the program did.

Id love to see some decent maps done with it. People do like wraps. You might also snap up Kristoffers file of map icons which would help make the maps look more like other maps that have been made. ParadoxHarbinger's program did have something about automatic icon insertion on the last version but I didnt get it to work very well.

I truly do wish you good luck. Let us know how things turn out.