View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2010, 01:51 PM

Corporal

Duncan_Frost is on a distinguished road
Default Inuk, Land of Ice and Spirits

After looking through the mod forum I noticed there were a lot of custom nations based on other fictional lore (such as Warhammer or Lord of the Rings). However there didn't seem to be many based on various real-world mythologies in the way that KO and JK designed the original nations, so I decided I would try to use their approach. The mod uses Inuit shamanism, animism and mythology (such as the legend of the Fast Runner) with a few of my own twists and inspiration from other mythologies that share some of the same themes, such as Romani beliefs about vampires. The nation acts as a pseudo-predecessor to LA Atlantis.

The nation is still a WIP so right now I'm just posting for critique on sprites and to answer questions/field suggestions.

In-game description:

Inuk is a harsh land of ice inhabited by rugged humans. Their environment is a cruel one where villages can be wiped out in a single blizzard and deadly animals prowl the ice. But their greatest fear are the vengeful spirits of creatures that die but do not pass on, that possess tools and thirst for revenge on the living world. Their only hope is to observe the rituals, obey the taboos and trust in the powerful shamans who can communicate with and placate the vengeful Tuurngait spirits. Not all such forces are vengeful, however, and friendly Tuurngait can bring luck, heal sicknesses or even banish demons. The Inuk do not use heavy armour or weapons, but their shamans are magically powerful and they have a great variety of national summons.

Race: Human. Military: Very cheap. Skilled but poorly-equipped light infantry. Magic: Diverse. Primarily Water, Air, Nature and Blood. Versatile national summons. Priests: Average.

Last edited by Duncan_Frost; November 28th, 2010 at 02:18 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Duncan_Frost For This Useful Post: