View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2012, 08:34 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Standing up to China

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff View Post
First, let me suggest pick a timeline of events which suit what you want to design and go with it.

Politically there is tension between China and: Philippines, Japan, Vietnam, over ownership of islands which would support a claim to exploit valuable ocean. Without suggesting there is likely to be military conflict it would not (in my opinion) be too big a stretch to build a camp/scenario based around very limited military clashes over the islands (maybe commando raids on islands or naval bases). A more thoroughly hypothetical choice could see the clashes get bigger.
I've been looking at the South China Sea area and the bordering countries. IMHO, Vietnam seems the most likely candidate as they seem to have a longer border of that area and have come to blows with China in the fairly recent past. Also, there is a lot of what I would call, non-resident traffic through that area so it would be easy for others to be drawn in, even if only in a covert backing of one side or the other.

Right now I am contemplating a Chinese SOF/Marine/Airborne based campaign, with pretty small battles of short duration. get in, blow stuff up, rescue civilian (oil workers), etc. For the base force I think whatever it is it be heliborne since that would be the best way to move troops around across such large areas without airfields and land bases.