View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2013, 09:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WIP Campaign "Za Rodinu!"

Glad you're unruffled . Didn't wanna "look a gift horse in the mouth" or otherwise display ingratitude. Thanks for understanding.

--SPOILERS, BEWARE--

It would be quite difficult to broadly hint at the perfect approach in your briefing without, in effect, verbally drawing arrows on the map and saying "Go here." It looks like you've got to take the north road before going off-road to cross the stream. Not too obvious, especially when the commander doesn't know which trench line is weakest. OTOH a hint on the map itself would probably give away the solution too easily. Not saying it's impossible, just delicate and tricky.

You could, as zovs66 suggested, add more support (I'd prefer infantry with HT's for mobility). Or reposition some defenders to equalize the MLR while thinning out roadblocks a bit. Either alteration (or both) would make "powering through" along any road a more viable option.

Then again maybe the scenario is fine as it is. You've already established yourself as a designer of original, very challenging
battles and campaigns. Why change your signature in an attempt to please everyone? After all, I DID get an MV once I sobered up and reloaded, with enough repair points to fix all but 3 or 4 of the core. There are no doubt better gamers who could score a DV by taking just about any reasonable path to the objectives. So maybe you're better off waiting for more feedback from other players before making any changes.

Enough bloviating. Thanks for reading and good luck. Cheers, Jon