Thread: Poland OOB
View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2021, 12:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Poland OOB

Just to mention, for like 3 years now Poland has its 5th main military component, which is Territorial Force (Wojska Obrony Terytorialnej). They resemble danish Hemsvaern.

I believe it is roughly the time to include them in the OOBs? Also it should be mentioned that they use - as standard rifle - the Radom MSBS Grot AR that is also in early stage of implementation in standard Polish Army. It closely resembles ACR Bushmaster and probably be quialified for starts roughly as CZ Bren.

So far there are variations of company structures, but they should operate in three platoons, three sections each, and with 12 men in each section, including PK/UKM machinegun. RPG-7s are also available, however I am not sure if in every section.
However, WOT has or will have its own logistical system and it is aquiring weapons as independent buyer, thus they do not receive army stocks.
For this reason, starting with late 2021 first Javelins should be avilable for WOT, just as should be Spikes.
What I recomment is adding those types of formations:
WOT Company (on foot)
WOT Company (Mot) - on standard medium trucks, 2-3 per platoon (WOT will not operate heavier gear)
WOT ATGM Platoon (it can accompany the company, too) - with 3 Javelin or Spike missiles

Typical armament should be: MSBS Grot AR, UKM-2000, GNPO launcher and RPG-7. Typical section size of 12 men, probably qualified as Reserve Infantry and/or Guards Infantry.
WOT is being motivated on historical and quasi political grounds, I recomment it to have -5 for EXP (weekend soldiers after all but trained by professionals) but +5 to morale given their very function.

Could it be done?