View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2004, 05:16 AM

Sergeant

henk brouwer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DOWW2 - Alpha release

The wilderness map from Xerathul's Revenge ? You're free to take it, but are you sure you want it?

That map was the first map I ever created, and as such it has turned into a really awkward mess... It uses four different connection types, 0 for forests, 1 for grassland, 2 for roads and 3 for buildings that are on the northern or southern edge of the tile. You can probably see that that creates a quite large number of different combinations.

DO is quite clever in puzzling together maps when it doesn't have all the pieces, but the town map still quite often creates inaccessible areas, bad connections, and other errors, on top of that, the textfile that describes it is a horrible, horrible mess .

I guess I vented enough personal frustration about the xerathul's revenge module now . Anyhow, you can use the map, but taking the wilderness map from the christmas module might be a better idea, I could also create a new map that uses simmilar terrain as the xerathul's revenge map, but without the complexity in connection types and errors, since I understand mapmaking a bit better now, that shouldn't be too hard to do.

Christmas module v1.05 (attached to first post)

Xerathul's Revenge v0.5