View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2011, 06:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

rabelais is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BearTrap - Early age game. Running like a cripple in a running competition.

Hiya all.Just a short note, it's a much longer story, but my toddler just got home so I'll have to be brief.

I've been ambivalent about this game for some time, mostly because Yomi (Zeldor) has spent the entire game trying to shake me down for territory in exchange for "peace". By which he meant pay him off not to dogpile me after Ulm declared war. Really just been a tiresome jerk about it. Constant nagging, threatening and self-justification. The friendly extorter who just can't bring himself to behave less unreasonably because of "the graphs". Really makes me dread his every diplo. He's also been in violation of our nominal NAP for almost the entire game. So I'm attacking him. I will probably lose because I've left it too long. But I encourage everyone else to attack him too, because he is an annoying jerk.

I gave Ulm a very generous peace treaty because he was very forthright in his reasons for declaring war, and admitted he was losing. Also I figured demonstration of generosity of spirit would piss Yomi off.

Agartha is attacking me as well (likely at Yomi's instigation) but I bear him no ill will beyond that due a noncommunicative neighbor who invades you. He won't get far.

Oh and since Yomi has been so concerned with graphs look at the research and castle stats. I will be tying up his army for the foreseeable. I encourage everyone to help prevent his magery/research lead from becoming insurmountable. Also he is a jerk, I assume not just to me. I'm not that special. But I'm enjoying the game more now that my only goal is to kill Yomi.

Hoping the rest of you are having fun too.

Rabe