Thread: MBT's
View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2021, 11:39 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

One of tanks I thought we see by games from a list (My list.) I posted in here 2-3 years will now be "scratched" from it. I have some notes already developed for submission of this tank, which I'll keep "in the it'll take a miracle now" file, but I'm confident we won't see as the quote from the ref concerning dates uses the words "planned for", I speak of the CHALLENGER 3 the article is dated from today.

The killer quote...
"Full Operating Capability for the tank is planned for 2030, with initial operating capability (IOC mine.) expected by 2027."

The article also gives a little more data on the operational aspects of the CHALLENGER 3 as well. At the current rate of development, this won't be the only tank not to make it by DEC. 2025.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...tems_land.html

Have to get ready for work and get my J&J shot at "high noon" tomorrow. I really hate needles!?!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; May 8th, 2021 at 12:16 PM..