View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2011, 12:00 PM

Corporal

Palle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Betraying the Bear! - WinSPMBT

A tad OT, but bear with me.

In the late 80-ies I trained with what is today the Danish Home Guard's SSR (then known as SEP or "Udrykkegruppe") an elite part of the Home Guard training with the Jægers, Frogmen, SAS and LOPESCs. I trained mainly in Aarhus and the area down to Horsens, but also a lot in Hevring, Finderup and Karup military areas.

I trained to delay the Poles and USSR, then later go to ground and ambush their weak points behind the lines, snipe, survey and recon against them, etc.; a combination of Guerrilla and Spec-Ops. And I hated commies, I still do. Just as I hate any other totalitarion ideology or religion.

In 1998, fighting at a Viking Market in Wolin (I am also a Viking fighting re-enactor doing martial arts with blunt copies of Viking weapons), I met a Pole who had trained to invade Jutland "preventively". We immediately agreed that we were pretty pleased that did not come to pass and that we had much in common, and (especially) that would should have a beer or five, or... eventually quite a lot more... to celebrate that we never had to kill each other and had much in common.

Apart from missing the bus and ferry home to Denmark and having to improvise the next day due to a momentous hangover (the improvised trip home was quite fun as well), this was one of the great experiences of my life.
The Following User Says Thank You to Palle For This Useful Post: