View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2013, 05:01 AM

Corporal

zastava128 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: winSPWW2: Japanese localization project

Welcome, tokiedian!

Quote:
I can't understand "'1 up' or '2 up' in UK parlance" so I can't understand the whole of the section. What does it mean?
One-up means one unit forward, two (or more) behind it. Also known as "arrowhead" formation. Example:

Two-up means two units advance forward, one (or more) in reserve. Example:

Please note: I'm not in the military so I'm not 100% sure the above is right. If someone knows better, please correct me.

Quote:
In this section, "tanker" seems not a ordinary tank driver but a incompetent guy to me. What does tanker mean?
In this context "tanker" is short for "tank commander" - a commander with a good "Armoured Command rating".

What the section is saying is that that specific leader is good at commanding tanks, but not good at commanding artillery or infantry.

Quote:
From "Unit Info Screen"
Air unit height is shown for planes, you alter altitude for these items on this screen, for on map air units (helicopters) Changing altitude costs MP, so you may not have enough to climb.

I can understand the section saying roughly. However, I can't see relations between its sentences or phrases. Please rewrite it easier to understand with conjuntions or other words.
This means you can enter the "Unit Info Screen" (right-click on the unit) and adjust the altitude/height for a helicopter (it's above the unit photo).

Also, if you can move a helicopter "up" or "down", this will reduce its available Movement Points (MP) - in other words, it will not be able to move as much in that turn.

I hope that helped and good luck with the translation!
The Following User Says Thank You to zastava128 For This Useful Post: