View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2007, 03:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

Jack_Trowell is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ok, here\'s one that\'s ready to go.

Quote:
Gandalf Parker said:
Please dont add mod things.
Don't worry, I don't plan , at least initially.

And even if later i add some, I will always keep available a no-mod version/option

Quote:
Possibly a new category for difficulty can be added to the files. I have some that would be a major challenge, and even a real problem to the game if you DONT attack them.

Hum, maybe something like the rarity of features : 1-2 being commun, and 3-4 being rare.

Provinces of level 1 would be flavor ones, level 2 would be for province with one or two minor features, and an average defence, 3 for hard provinces with a potential good reward (site that allow to recruit some unit (except for the more powerful ones), minor sites with bonus to magic, or maybe good gem income), and 4 would be for the most massive defence (with hoppefully at least one great site, probably unique, or several making the province a good one to capture)

Quote:
On the other hand Id like to see many that would be rated zero but just add flavor to the game (farmlands with names and benefits of farmlands, swamps, wastes, just added flavor).

Volcano isnt a recognized item on one program but it is on another. Basically its "mountain surrounded by not-mountains". There is also some recognition in some of them for lake "water surrounded by land" and for island "land surrounded by lake". I think that one recognizes penninsula, seacoast, lost (no connections) and mega-province (more than 6 connections). The "cave" is worked in abit as a province that has only way into it and its surrounded by mountains so it looks on the map like its a short entry into a mountain range.
As for "volcano", I remind that the random map generator add a volcano to provinces with the special type "firesite", so we could use "firesite" as a prerequired terrain type for such province (or maybe "firesite" + "mountain")

And I already have the number of land and sea province for each province, so I could use "lake", "peninsula", "island", "last/hidden" and mega province without problem.

I didn't get the number of mountain neighbours, seems like maybe too much for now, but it could be added easily if the need is really there.

About caves, I remind that cave provinces have already been added to the game.
Dominions Map validator and randomizer : http://dominions.realites.org
Dominions Map editor v0.75b : http://dominions.realites.org/map_editor