Thread: Star Wars
View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2008, 04:26 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Star Wars

Your welcome Intimidator for the images. With any luck I will make some more soon along with finishing up the Remnant (old republic) ship set.

I don't know if I will continue to do any work on a star trek mod as I kinda been burned out on SE IV for a while now. But ya, SE V simply doesn't have anything in it that really inspires me. SE IV does. I think that is what the appeal of SE IV was for many folks, it provided inspiration. SE V for some reason really doesn't do that.

BK is no slouch either when it comes to making images. He has done some exquisite work in the ship set department.

The thing that drew my battery down was the overwhelming immensity of the mod as a whole. I had so many good ideas but no real praticle way to implement them within SE IV. Finally I figured the best approach would be to keep the mod simple and work on each race independently. The problem is getting the AI to build the right number of correct ships and to design them accordingly. If Intimidator doesn't mind, and if I can get motivated, I would enjoy working with him on a single player version of this mod. I have added a lot of little Star Wars kinda features to things and would love to see them come to fruition.

What killed SE IV is the bordom factor really. Age combined with other options hasn't helped any either. If Aaron would have taken the good advise that was offered to him, regarding SE V, for SE VI, then perhaps, with any luck at all, we might see a new inspirational 4x game in the future.