View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2009, 01:40 PM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Who here is a Vet?

I have considered many times if it's worth having a thread where every player gets one post to name three players they consider vets. And then when a player has enough votes or points (if the votes are ordered and allocated points) then they get added to a list of vets.

I think a high number of votes/points would ensure no surprise or rigged entries. Say 30+ votes or 100 points (1st=3 : 2nd=2 : 3rd=1). And there also wouldn't be a viewable running total of current votes/points either. As that should stop any "oh look, XYZ only needs another few votes/points to become a vet, so I'll help make him a vet".

I'd be happy to run and maintain a list like this if enough people thought it was a good idea. Or run and maintain any other type of vets list if someone has a better idea of how to do one.

And there also probably needs to be some line drawn between vet players and good players, depending on what the ultimate purpose of any vet list is. Since there are several players who are vets, as in have a lot of knowledge of the game, but are self proclaimed poor players. So being a vet and a good player doesn't always go hand-in-hand.