Thread: Lost game disk
View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2009, 08:11 AM

Captain

Jarkko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lost game disk

Totally un-related, but I was getting up a Dominions host in the gareage during the weekend (for an online MP game with a couple friends). As I put together the host-machine from dead-computers (yes, I do occasionally feel like doctor Frankenstein), I used bit from there and a bit from here (it pleases my wife no end that we have a computer cemetary in our garage), but did have issues finding a working ethernet card to the PCI slot (I found two for ISA slot, if anybody happens to need one); damn these integrated systems of the past decade Anyway, digging deeper and deeper in the pile I encountered first my Dominions 2 disk and manual, and I was happily going on memory lane. Continuing the archeological digging I found half an hour later my Dominions 3 cd, and I didn't even know I had lost it

Anyway, I did use a few drops of super-glue and made sure the cd *stays* inside the cover of the Dominions 3 manual (as the manual is firmly on the desk where I have my gaming computer ), plus it is now neatly next to the cd key too

EDIT: Oh yeah, I found eventually a working ethernet card too, and after some further research I actually managed to find drivers for it too