View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2007, 08:56 PM

Private

thebigsilly is on a distinguished road
Default Another thought for SE5 Mods - Governments

I just think it's a little silly how limited the settings influenced by government are, and how little difference there is even between different types. Governments are where things should get really interesting - but instead I just pick whichever gives me really high Research, because frankly the rest of the settings don't seem to matter much in the course of gameplay -- at least, not as much as research.
Wouldn't it be a lot more interesting if each government affected wider ranges of settings? Or if they helped with certain kinds of research/production/resources?
Or, better yet, scrap the preset government types entirely, and just let people pick their "government focus". For example, whatever kind of political system you have is up to you as the player - instead, just pick what you're geared towards. Production of this-or-that? Happiness? Population growth? Extraction of resources? Travel/exploration? Like that!

I dunno. The governments' settings just seem kind of pointless now, and there doesn't seem to be any inherent reason why, for example, one of them should necessarily have any of their settings higher or lower than another -- there are so many variables to consider.