View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2005, 01:26 AM

Brigadier General

Richard is on a distinguished road
Default Re: new to the community

Quote:
Sammas said:
Price point is a bit rough. Not so much for me because my currency is strong against the US dollar, but I still had to think twice.

If you offered digital downloads, you could cut out fixed overheads (CD printing, shipping etc), and then price better for the market, taking into account online player satisfaction (ie. half price, double sales may be equal revenue but the expanded player base would make it a better option).
The overhead from the CD and such is much, much less than half of the price. If we went digital only I could only see cutting off 5 bucks a game (if that). The game has alot of built in single play plus a lobby service not found in most indepdent games.

The problem is I think some people see this as your typical download casual strategy game, however I think this game is head and shoulders above most games in that category. It might not have the complexity of Dom2, but it also isn't a quick strategy game.

Again there is a instant reaction to think the CD an manual are the reason for the price, but it doesn't really figure that much into the final price. The final price is simply based on the quality and depth of the gameplay.