Thread: MBT's
View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2020, 03:08 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

The below comes from those "rediscovered" folders that cover all the threads I started a longtime ago. These predate my current PC and when I was using Mozilla Firefox. I mentioned these not long ago because I found equipment that never got submitted for the game.

This ref. was written by then (Summer of 1980.) Paul F. Gorman Major General, USA. Released in March 2004 (Still redacted.) by whom not sure. And a final release by the CIA on July 29, 2014.

This assessment is from the prospective of the USA. It DOES NOT paint a "pretty picture" of our capabilities against Russian Armor. From similar documents on the topic from the CIA's own assessments (That I posted in the forum somewhere several years back.) one of the reasons the Soviets never attacked NATO was though they recognized their armor advantage, they felt it was negated by NATO's perceived advantage in high quality ATGW's.

We just did a good job of keeping our mouths shut.

The first ref. is a cleaner larger font article from the above mentioned 2014 release. Stay with this one, however, read the notes of the below one-please.
https://www.cia.gov/library/readingr...0000624298.pdf

The next is the 2004 release. It's the one I had in those files. Posting it because some of the graphs are easier to read i.e. Page 7 graphs are better here then in the above version.
https://www.cia.gov/library/readingr...0001066239.pdf

Notice the document numbers are different on reach release.

This is a very interesting read if you wish to do so.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; December 14th, 2020 at 01:36 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: