View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2008, 09:46 PM

Private

deveen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ideas how to improve WinSP MBT/WW2 !

Hi all. Just to introduce myself, I've been playing (and enjoying) SP for awhile now, more WW2, but MBT as well. Thank you all involved in the development of the games.

I have a few comments/question about possible features to the game:

1. Engineer tanks/bulldozers - could it be made for these to be able to push destroyed vehicles from one hex to the next one? Many times a vehicle or a number of them get destroyed and block a road, for example. I've been reading here about limited time of the battle, but I don't mean this as a recovery operation, but rather as a real battle situation. So, for example, one tank gets destroyed, blocks a road, but behind him there is a dozer tank who just moves him over to the side. I believe even in real life this would take a short time to do.

2. Bridge layers - I've seen there was some talk about it, but haven't seen any conclusion. I have had many missions played in the terrain crossed with small streams (one hex) which can get your vehicle immobilized (unless you go over -1 fords; there are just few of these all over the length of the stream). It would be great if somehow bridge could be erected over these short spans.

3. Tank transport - what's the use for these? I've never used them in a game. Is it possible to transport an immobilized tank this way?

Just as a general comment, I prefer playing with breakdowns on, it's much more realistic, but I would enjoy it even more if the things mentioned above could be incorporated into the game. Once again, thanks to everyone developing this wonderful game.