View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2010, 08:05 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ideas how to improve WinSP MBT/WW2 !

Okay missunderstood sorry
Did the plane realy take 250pts & survive?
Thought 15 or so would get even the hardiest (strongest) plane apart from perhaps some strategic bombers.
Pressume the Plane moved or fired again then the SAM.

My original statement still holds true though in real life the second SAM would have been fired while the first was in the air especially as its a strategic SAM so was really shot at a long time before it entered the map.

Which is the thing do not take what happens quite so literallry (action by action) look at what happens in the whole turn & some odd looking things make a lot of sense.
The game engine is one unit moves & others can react to it yet it approximates (comes near to) well tactics like an entire company breaking cover at once.
Quite how I dont know but think of what all the units did that turn not individualy he moved before him, no he didnt or only fractionally it all happened in the same 3 minutes.

I agree air defence can be bled but so can any unit without linked radar control cant see how to change that.
If you want to approxomate AA selecting suitable targets have a house rule.
Planes must be bought worse EW rating first to best last.
That way when used AA fires at the easy targets first.
Cant see it doing much though as can still send in high EW planes on there own to hopefully take & survive multiple fires.
Also SEAD still need to be bought first & normally have high EW because of their mission so problems here unless they attack on seperate turns to the rest of the planes which is probably more realistic & easy enough using Gold Spots to clear the way.

Side note
Just lost a plane on a strafing run vs arty park, silly boy targeted the ammo dump instead of the arty pieces & got caught in the shock wave, aargh.