View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2022, 07:55 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,462 Times in 2,706 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Things I have noticed.

It would have been REALLY NICE to know that was the Canadian OOB you were looking at and It would have been REALLY NICE to know the LBM numbers but I "figured it out"......eventually

Troopie ( and me and everyone else..... ) did not see the "red" dots because they cannot be seen in desktop mode. They have to be enlarged 500% to be seen OR you run the Windows Magnifier

They are the result of a change made to the palette not recently but YEARS ago that replaced a little used dark purple with a more useful rust brown (Game palette index #201)

.......and the reason they are still there is they are invisible to (apparently) 99.9% of the players

EDIT

Just for the record, there were changes made to the game palette during early DOS development mainly for the main greens and the colour of water then another for the windows versions in 2005 and then another in 2016 and finally again in 2021.

The one that changed Game palette index #201 from a deep purple to a Dark Rust Brown was made in 2005 ( 17 years ago........) so that's how long some of the PIC's have been like that

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; July 17th, 2022 at 02:03 PM..