Old December 4th, 2010, 02:15 PM

Private

jaywalker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Win7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywalker View Post
When I changed to a new machine and Windows7 (Home Premium) earlier this year I installed the purchased versions of both games, and used exactly the same settings I did with XP. Surprisingly, despite having a faster machine and a new OS, those same settings still work fine for me.
jaywalker
A few questions

1/ Did you install the game in the default Program Files location or did you move the install to the main area of C: drive ?

2/ Do you run the game fullscreen or Windowed ? If you run full screen does it run OK out of the box for you or have you had to apply some of the fixes mentioned on the forums ?

Don
1/ I installed directly to the C: drive, NOT the default Programs folder. I do this for all my games.

2/ I run the game fullscreen, but first had to apply NCrawler's win7fix. The reason I bought the CD versions was mainly to take advantage of the alternative screen resolution options. As it is, the game doesn't really run in "full screen" as there's about a two inch black void on either side. Also I've found that with my machine's native screen resolution of 1366 x 768 I have to use the game's 800 x 600 resolution option in order to be able to read the text! I could probably monkey around and experiment with various combinations, but what I've got right now works just fine for me.

jaywalker