View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2010, 09:30 PM

Sergeant

sgqwonkian is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Updated: Drives 'R' Us v3.0

ExplorerBob, you're making me blush.

There's plenty of design space left out there, by the way. Drives'R'Us is almost entirely just items. One area it's pretty weak in is quests and races. There's another 50 or 60 weapons that could be made for the game without getting old, too.

As to your notion of combining my mods together. It's been on my "to do" list for a while. And I'd probably throw in a tiny bit of the Sgqwonkian Crisis mod... well, one or two of the better bits.

Speaking of feeling "superfluous" or being "intimidated" - go take a hard look at Sgqwonkian Crisis sometime. You know how you feel in regards to my recent stuff? Well, that's how I was feeling in relation to Phlagm's Even Weirder Worlds - it was so slick compared to my freshman efforts.

The important thing is to just publish. Hammer it out, put a rough draft out here. There's a reluctance to do so, a desire to polish until it's shiny. I get that. I look back at old Sgqwonkian Crisis, and cringe a bit. The truth is, modding is complex enough there's always something to fiddle with, you'll never be 100% happy. You can go back and fix it up later.

I had this amazing Weirdyssey mod I was working on for 4 to 6 months solid. It was gonna be great, and I didn't want to spoil the secrets by releasing a rough draft. Then my computer crashed and I lost all of it.

But, I digress... Definitely, in my plans, I intend to put out a melded version of those mods, and I'll probably add to it the Time Capsules and Esmeralda mini-mods, and maybe some of my favorite parts of other people's mods, too. It'll take a while, though.

Anyhow, thanks again for the kind words. I'm glad you like my stuff.