View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2022, 02:19 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: US Army Fireflies - corrections to v.15

That's a lot of information about a vehicle that never saw combat and is at best a trivial curiosity.

I am SO SORRY the photo I used and modified to approximate a M4A3 with HVSS hull and 17 pounder did not meet with your critical approval. I could have just tossed in the existing British Icon but I thought I would make the US one stand out and I used that hull mated to a regular 17 pounder turret as info I found suggested some were used experimentally (Zaloga).

NOTE that the Icon DOES NOT use the T23 turret and that the photo used if you look REALLY CAREFULLY will see it's a 17 pounder muzzle brake not the one on the 76mm gun. I did not see the need to photoshop the entire turret .....alas, silly me

The entire program was an experiment and as such the unit has been moved to the Prototype formation where I should have put it in the first place.

But thanks for reminding me that pleasing everyone is impossible. AND why this is all REALLY getting old and why there will not be any other versions added as the one we have was a waste of time and even if I did as no photos exist any photo I did use would be "wrong"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image3.png
Views:	303
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	16713   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image13.png
Views:	317
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	16715  

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; May 1st, 2022 at 03:00 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: