View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2010, 03:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

B0rsuk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vanarus, Machaka Lion Kings etc

To be fair, my suggestion was far less specific, I merely highligted the disconnect between nation's flavour and player strategies. That player doesn't want to conquer water. Next thing I know there are some new units recruitable underwater. I think Kristoffer is an amusing developer. Not caring much about multiplayer or balance (although he does make progress), focusing on flavour, yet unstoppable. It's clear he takes his time to make Dominions, and he enjoys it.

I probably shouldn't mention I don't really love Dominions as a game. I like it. I treat it more as a book than a game. It's a game you can explore and study. It has absolutely the best descriptions I've ever seen.

Either way, I'm very curious about Illwinter's new project. I'm almost certain I'll buy it. I can't blame them for not making Dominions 4. The game has some fundamental issues, like balancing of national troops. They are either rush material or forgotten. Deep Ones from EA Atlantis would be okay in late game, I guess, if it wasn't for their awful MR. The "best", biggest forts are actually the worst and people prefer to build in swamps, etc. Anyway, Another dominions game could really feel limiting for a person this creative. Maybe it won't even be a strategy game ? That would make me sad.