View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2018, 02:55 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's Play 1989 USSR vs USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeraaa View Post
Nice! I like the idea of a let's play for WinSPMBT. I'm eagerly waiting for the next episodes of your series.

Since you play as the USSR vs. NATO in 1989 I just want to remind you to not play the long shooting contest with NATO units, especially the ones that have thermal imaging. Instead, try to close the distance (using terrain, fixing units while yours maneuver etc) and fight them from close range (1000m or less). You have bought T80Us which are very good tanks for this strategy, good frontal armor and very mobile, plus they can easily kill any tank in the time frame at the range mentioned.

Anyway, good luck and like I said I will take a look at your series for sure!
Yeah, thank you.

Man, I just stopped recording the next episode. I was planning on finishing the whole battle in a couple of hours and have that uploaded tonight *EET. It took me over 5 hours and I am on turn 17 I think out of like 44 limit. Granted there are far fewer units right now than they were earlier, but wow I completely forgot how long the battles can last. Add to that you have to comment on what you are doing which slows everything down... I LOVE IT.

As to how this battle goes, let's just say the Americans apparently like their planes. A lot.
I will post here when the episode is actually up. Probably it will be some time tomorrow as 5 hours of video to render and upload what I assume is going to be a huge amount...I don't even know if it is going to break the YT limits on size. Last episode was 50 min and was almost 8GB...