View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2005, 08:38 PM

Corporal

cshank2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SE5, Tell Aaron what\'s on your Wish List

How about being able to put different races as crew onboard a ship to gain specific advantages? Like say, a Terran ship would be good with weaponry or so, while an Eee crewed ship (although still under terran control) would have better shielding, or maybe mixed crews and give a nerfed version of the racial specials to the ship?

Also, maybe add infantry in stock games? Give them a better to-hit ratio due to their ability to get into smaller areas?

Oooo, since we have crews in the game, maybe an escape pod component? Say Ship A's crew has 13% Experience, their ship gets slagged, the crew escapes (or most of them do) and their pod acts like a fighter craft and can slowly shuffle back to a planet, whereon they act like cargo to be loaded on a ship built from that planet (Or possibly be moved to another one). Then when Ship B is built, the crew would have about 9% Experience (To simulate the loss of some crewmembers during combat/trip).

And I have a question, has it been stated whether or not the different races will have different facility models? (Thought that's a lot of strain on modellers and texture artists.)

Another suggestion on ships, basically is component placement has some strategic value, say Ship A has it's bridge in the middle deck, on top, bottom and around it are armor components, whereas Ship B has the bridge on the Top Decks and right at the front of the ship with no armor around it. Ship B fires at Ship A, Ship A's components in front of their port armor become destroyed along with the armor, leaving the bridge intact. (I always thought it was silly that armor HAD to be on the outside of ships. Seems more like a job for shields.). Ship A fires on Ship B, scoring a direct hit on their Starboard components and their bridge since it was unarmoured.

Those probably didn't make sense so please forgive me.

Oh, One last thing. Would it be possible for us mac users to get a version? (Right now I have my old dell set up just to play SE4) I'm sure it wouldn't hurt sales seeing as how Mac users are limited to Civilisation 3 and Moo3 in the way of 4x games. (Edit: I can't believe I spelt Sales as Sails...)