View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2018, 05:09 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

These again as indicated are only if you have the time. I'll address each "back story" below together and submit the picture(s) after the comments section, by it's above corresponding number. Again each picture is labeled by Country and UNIT #'s as required.

1. While hunting a better picture for the OPLOT-M UNIT 064 (Submitted) I noticed UNIT 061/T-84 OPLOT had an OPLOT-M picture.

Concerning UNIT 063/OPLOT+ I'd rename it the OPLOT-M which it really is. The older name is confusing and at odds with the refs in general as provided in sequence of development below.
http://www.military-today.com/tanks/t84.htm
http://www.military-today.com/tanks/oplot.htm
http://www.military-today.com/tanks/oplot_m.htm

2. It seemed on most search's I conducted for the EC 725 now
SUPER COUGAR H225M, pictures of the Swiss COUGAR kept showing up, so I followed the trail. Why is coming up in my searches? Did the Swiss buy the SUPER COUGAR H225M recently?

Now you know why it took so long to filter through those pictures I submitted in my last Post. I forgot before there was a "Super Cougar" there was a "Cougar" the results where also showing up for them as well which is what the Swiss are using. It's fairly easy to filter them out, they don't have the more advanced nose FLIR turret and if I remember the side window count or configuration was slightly different. Along with a new picture (The one it has appears to be from Brazil.), I recommend the following CHANGE...

Switzerland/UNIT 222/COUGAR AS532 TOW//

3. Australia has the USN flying support missions for them with their A-4 SKYHAWKS. This came up while looking into an helicopter issue I've had on the books for a longtime to be somewhat addressed later with updated pictures at least initially, for the following UNITS 285-287. That's the USN Power Projection World Wide (USNPPWW)!

PICTURES BY THE NUMBERS ABOVE...

1. Ukraine/UNIT 061/T-84 OPLOT :
Click image for larger version

Name:	T-84 OPLOT.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	15120

2. Switzerland/UNIT 222/COUGAR AS532 TOW:

Name:	Swiss COUGAR AS532 UNIT 222.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	15121

3. Australia/UNITS 285-287/A-4G SKYHAWK/As posted in unit number order//:

Name:	Austrailia A-4G UNIT 285.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	15122

Name:	Austrailia A-4G UNIT 286.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	15123

Name:	Austrailia A-4G UNIT 287.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	15124
Those seem to represent either their major Naval Squadrons or their only ones. I've not had the time to check. I thought I had found some great RAAF pictures of them, however, upon closer examination they had KIWI's on the tail section (New Zealand) vice the KANGAROO's (Australia). So yes unlike when I submitted that NH-90 Helo for New Zealand a few years back, at least this time, I stopped myself.

What's left are some Australian helo pictures (Tigers) replacing the general shot with ones actually using the weapons assigned them in the OOB. Without digging for more, as presented in number order, a couple of the pictures are set to be used for a couple of units in the OOB.

I also have some really GREAT Swiss F-5 pictures to replace the drawings of the same. One shows a fly by of the Matterhorn, really cool!

Again, I've labeled those by Country and UNIT(s) numbers. Except me going beyond my stated mission goals, I hope the way the data has been presented thus far is easier then in past submissions for all concerned.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; January 21st, 2018 at 06:08 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: