View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2019, 01:59 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: SP and SPAA Developments

Andy thank you very much! I'm one for knowing "how things work" and your answer clarifies one of those "mysteries" of the programing side that's not one of my strengths when it comes to computers. As I've said before, I'm more about the security side of things.

What I liked about the ABBOT was that it was fully amphibious using the attached fitted skirts (Similar that was to what they used on SHERMAN tank in D-Day) and it had as standard equipment for many years and "A maximum of 42 rounds were carried aboard the ‘Abbot’ (36 HE and 6 HESH). In normal operations, however, only 40 rounds were usually carried (32 HE and 6 HESH). The rounds were stored around the inside of the turret and the hull." from the ref., with the HESH rounds being fairly effective against some of the armor of the time.

SPA that can somewhat defend itself, what a concept!?! And fun to use in the game, when given no choice in the matter.

Thank you again Andy!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..