View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2008, 05:04 PM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Current other active game software

Quote:
Calahan said:
Anyone here ever played, or even heard of a game called 'PSI 5 Trading Company' on the CBM 64?

Haha! I LOVED PSI 5! What's a Cravenlator? I still randomly say that, people just disregard it now as part of my general oddness. >.> It makes me sad though, I could never win on the later missions. I tried them over and over and over, and a couple of times got within 2-3 minutes of completion, and still no dice.

For MoO3, I worried less about what the other guy had, and rather did the same thing I did in "Stars!", that is to make fleets that had their own built in rock-paper-scissors progression that could kill anything out there (carriers + missiles + beams + point defense). In later game, I'd take some losses like that, but the computer always had a strat, so after I saw if they were going all missiles, or all carriers or whatever, I would retune my fleets to compensate. I have to say though, enemy carrier fleets were the most frustrating, you were guaranteed a lot of losses. Damn, now you're making me want to play it again..... not because it's "such a great game", but because it was ALMOST such a great game, and my imagination was generally able to fill in the gaps.