View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2021, 07:34 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: M4 Carbine Range question

1/ The M4 carbine has had a range of 4 since 2002 and it's now 2021 ...nineteen years ...the VERY FIRST release....and in that time one ( 1 ) person ( you..) has questioned it and 2002 was before I took on the totally wonderful job of trying to keep these things straight so IDK what "the logic behind" that particular decision was exactly and since it's never been mentioned before I'd have to guess it's use was considered to be more for short range close combat situations rather than long-range shooting. That's my guess... the other is the guy who put it in f%*ked up and it took 19 years to be noticed

2/ Weapons with better than iron sights get to shoot further that's why AGOG etc are a bit more than standard along with increase accuracy makes them more effective

3/ The M4A1 Carbine is 7 but it started life in 2008 at 4 just like the M4 but in 2016 was upgraded to 7 and I would suggest since I do not have an Edenic memory ( but I do keep copies of the past release OOB's ) that some unnamed player mentioned the range was too short for the M4A1 at 4 and it was changed but the M4 was overlooked.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; April 26th, 2021 at 01:59 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: