View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2003, 10:22 PM

Corporal

orev_saara is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SE5, Tell Aaron what\'s on your Wish List

I'm in favor of anything that increases modding options, pretty much. That's the best thing about SE, you get to cook it up according to your own recipe. On the real-time combat thing, I'm afraid that if any of this game goes real-time, I'll stop buying it. SE is the Last of the true turn-based strategy games, and I don't think it makes sense to vacate your niche to please a few gamers that could find what they're looking for elsewhere anyway. Maybe this niche is smaller than I like to believe, but I still hope that you'll stay true to the format.

The open-ended tech thing is a great idea, too. I also like the idea of planet sizes and conditions being more continuous, but I'm not sure about the same idea for ship sizes and unit sizes. More animation/artwork is a real good way to eat up development time, and I'm not sure it adds that much to the final product in this case.

On the whole units too big thing, it just occured to me that fighters/troops/satellites can all be considered as representing larger groupings. One fighter may actually be a flight of fighters+support equipment. One ground troop may be a division, etc. So I withdraw my objections on that ground.

Mostly, if any developers happen to read this, I love your work! I'm looking forward to seeing whatever's next.