View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2010, 03:09 PM

First Lieutenant

Corwin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "A Song of Ice and Fire", veterans-only game, MA. In progress, midgame...

An update from frontlines with Ermor:

The global war with Ermor is heating up. There were two huge battles this turn with Ermor forces, in additions to dozens skirmishes across the realm.

The smaller of these two battles was a clear victory for my forces. In a pitched battle they have destroyed large Ermor's communion and about half thousand undeads, with minimal losses.

However the larger and much more important battle did not go so well for my forces. It was the most important frontline on the war, and Ermor has committed a lot of troops and resources into it, trying to break through my bottleneck castle. I knew the battle was coming, so I have committed many valuable troops and units there as well. Nevertheless, the Ermor has prevailed, they have routed my forces destroying many of them in the process.

Ermor got very lucky during that battle - for some reason my antimagic spell didn't go up as it was supposed to. That resulted in death of few of my SCs, that were going to be critical for this battle, as well as making the rest of my army much more vulnerable to the barrage of neither darts and astral spells from ermor's necromancers. I have no idea why it wasn't cast, but it was not because of ghost riders Ermor casted before the battle - in that skirmish no gems were spent by my forces. With that spell the outcome of the battle would be much better for my troops. Oh well... ;(

Anyway, ironically I have won the battle, technically, thanks to few paralyzed and regenerating SCs who would refuse to die despite being surrounded by the sea of undeads and few SCs. Ermor had to retreat. They have also suffered losses as well, in particular all slaves of their communion were wiped out. Nevertheless I consider the battle to be a clear defeat for the Pythium Empire, my losses were significantly more severe then those of my opponent. Well played Executor.

The only good (for me) outcome of that battle is that the bottleneck border castle still stands and is in my hands.

Doubtless our dark Ermor brethren will be back next turn in even larger numbers, the tidal wave of 3000 undeads is about to crash into that castle again. I am rebuilding and preparing my defenses.

(NOTE: BTW what I see in battle replay for that huge battle does not match the outcome(my survived forces are different from what they should be according to replay). I've seen such problems with Dom3/2 several times in the past in other games. Any ideas what maybe causing it in this particular case and if there is any way to fix it? )

Also Ermor has succeeded in killing two of my fully healed and equipped tartarians outside of these armies engagements.

Last edited by Corwin; December 13th, 2010 at 03:27 PM..