View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2011, 08:53 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: IED bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOT View Post
Scenerio: I had a scouting motorized unit move up a road to recce in advance of my lead formation. Once I was close enough I unloaded my foot patrol to screen ahead of my scout vehicle. My 4 man patrol than was hit by road IED. Instead of my foot patrol taking the damage from the IED my scout vehicle was blown to bits. My scout vehicle was 300m away from the IED contact. This has happened numerous times while playing battles with Taliban insurgents.

Has anybody else had this happened to them?
If it was a fertiliser bomb IED, then that has quite a large blast radius - so your vehicle may well have been inside that (depending where the bomb was)?.

I have not let one off with the blast circles feature turned on for some time now - but 6 hexes may well be the case for it.

So - I set up a simple test, buying zillions of the large IED for Mujadeen and set blast radius on after auto-deploying. Blast circle is in the 5-6 hex range, so your vehicle (esp if soft) may well have just been in the blast zone, depending where the IED was in relation to your patrol when it went off.

Cheers
Andy
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: