MC1 Foot
MC2 Wheel
MC3 AT wheel
MC4 Tracked
MC5 Barge
MC6 Boat
MC7 Ship
MC8 Air / Snowmobile

you can compare to what is listed as "Unknown" in MOBHack.

Now I'll explain some of this

MC0 Default ...... this tells the game to use the moveclass code the unitclass was designed for. In the case of rivercraft that would be "Barge" and I will explain that further below

MC 1 was listed as unknown because every infantry class and cavalry class already uses MC0 default and there hasn't been any reason to think that MC1 would have any use in the game but it would if you wanted to make for example, pack animals an ammo carrier....... in that case the correct moveclass would be 1 as that is the default moveclass for pack animals in the code. I plan to experiment with that further

2 Wheel ------ already known
3 AT wheel ------ already known
4 Tracked ------ already known

now we get to
5 Barge
6 Boat

"Barges" can move into shallow water or beaches, unload and move away again and it's "Barge" move class that River craft, patrol boats, Torpedo boats, landing barges. LCG's etc are set up like so ALL the shallow draft boats in the game set up as "ships" will be changed to MC=0 from MC7, in both games, for the next patch

MC6 Boat is used for the little rubber rafts and that's all they are really good for as MC5 works perfectly for making...... as an example, A FO Boat in the FO unitclass

7 Ship ( AMPHIB in code ) is supposed be used for large ships that would be grounded and immobilized in shallow water AND it is used to make amphibians........ if it's a ship it has no land speed and therefore once on land cannot move. Amphibian vehicles have a land and speed value and therefore move on both land a water

MC8 Air / Snowmobile ---- now it gets a bit complicated but I can clear that up

Technically in code MC8 is air but all aircraft are set to MC0 by default and there is no reason we can think of to make say....... a flying ammo carrier so MOBHack understands that for ground based units MC8 will stick less in snow, mud and swamp and if you make an ammo carrier MC8 it will not fly (even before the snowmobile override code was put in) because in the game, flying units are set up in the unitclass code not moveclass so an ammo carrier set up as MC 8 will just handle mud and snow better.... it won't fly. ALL helos and aircraft should be MC=0

That said if you hadn't run some tests and posted them on the forums we'd still be wondering why riverboats were hanging up in shallow water so you get a big attaboy for that

Thanks

Don
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: