Old November 16th, 2010, 10:02 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
Don,
Submitted the US Army M60A1 RISE/Passive only because I saw it as an omission. That tank represented the pinnacle of the M60A1 series. Just filling the gap between the M60A1 to M60A3 tanks for the US Army. I'd rather trade an "extra" variation of the
M60A1 by deletion to get this one in because it's vision would be better than any M60A1.

Regards,
Pat
Pat, here's where a bit of time with MOBHack would clarify how things are done and why this wasn't included in the US OOB

You want the RISE Passive in the game from 1977 to the end of 1986. However, "game reality" intrudes on real reality.

There is a gun upgrade ( ammo really but that's the way the game works.....we upgrade the whole gun ) in the game in 1978. It is not practical to add a unit for one year with the older gun simply because we are running out of slots in the USA OOB and in 1979 the M60A3 enters service which gives better FC and a better gun stabilizer. So , to be practical about it we could add the RISE passive in 1978 with the ammo/gun upgrade and leave it in service until 1984 ( when the next gun ammo upgrade occurs) but it would only be a really useful upgrade for one year.....1978.

In a perfect world where I would have unlimited unit slots available I would add your RISE Passive in 1977 with the older ammo then add another one in 1978 with the newer one but the game reality is there are only 36 empty slots left in the USA OOB and using up one or two for tank that only gives a small FC and stabilizer increase for a very shot period of time isn't really pactical

Don