View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:35 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Possinle artillery errors

As is generally known, I'm not into the math of the game. I simply look at something and ask "Does it work as it should from the resources I have to use at hand." I have to think that STRIX as in the game does. A part of me wonders still if one of the reasons the STRV-121/122 were modified in Germany in the area of top armor especially was a direct result of the testing done by the Swedes in testing the STRIX. As a reminder the STRV tanks mentioned are one of the best top protected tanks out there even to this day. Again the turret hatch is almost 2 feet thick. So would a 120mm hollow charged, IR Guided, 7km Ranged and Rocket assisted over target AT-mortar round not possibly be that effective? I can't say mathematically however, from what little I've seen it sure seems plausible. The Swedes and USA tested them against advanced T-72 and M-60 tanks respectfully, both stationary and moving with devastating effect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY9S-PcKLYs

I've seen reports out there that the French bought STRIX as well. That'll have to wait as I'm still "recovering' from the French 105mm issue. This was also discussed in the Swedish OOB thread if not mistaken. For clarification: I believe the STRIX and STRV-121 both became availible in 1994 or 1995 ICO of the STRV-121.

Regards,
Pat