View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2020, 10:16 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: AAR: The Walking Dead

I hope this is going alright and isn't to long in description.

I've decided to just post the last two screenshots from TURN 12. Still in Clockwise fashion. I think for continuity's sake, it's best to post the turns in a separate posts.

Turn 12 SE Corner
Not much happening here, but you'll note what my Sea Knight helos and mostly my COBRA gunships unmasked for me. You might notice the 2nd Cobra flying towards FBD, flying over the road on the WEST edge. At the first flag to the EAST you'll see how far my jeep got before it was ambushed very early in the game, so I know the NVA are in those trees. Where the road runs off the map to the SOUTH, you'll find my Sniper in the trees with full LOS of the flags to the NORTH/ACROSS and one further to the SOUTH where the road swings to the RIGHT and off the map to the EAST. In the trees by each of the flags in the SE corner in ambush positions, sits a Recon Section w/supporting LOS to cover those flags/Sniper and beyond. Those arrived on TURN 5. This was a Intel Goldmine for me as it set mind to future plans with the hope that some of any future reinforcements would come overland at some point. But again the "wheels were turning" and I just needed the tools to get the job started.

TURN 12 SW Corner
On the NORTH side of the river you'll again see the situation I was in around Fire Base Dragon (FBD) and my 2 Cobra Gunships coming in from the EAST "on the road" they would help me in many ways while I had them. The 1st attack came from SOUTH of the river and, it was sizeable by the VC, they were "MOTIVATED". If you don't "Buckle Down" right off I can see where some might get overwhelmed to a degree, this reminded me of the Ia Drang Valley in 1965. Except you have the advantage of having a "cozy" FB for your guys. It only rained Mortar/B-40/Heavy Artillery occasionally, OK, that's not quite true. You will get pounded early and in cycles throughout. I literally EVERY SINGLE TURN hit that MORALE button for every unit in FBD. AND I'M GLAD I DID IT!! I don't know if I would've exhausted all the turns this Scenario allows for at 60 Turns otherwise. If I'm wrong on that (turns) please Suhiir correct me.

Going to enjoy the rest of this night before it's back to work for me.

And if Don you're looking in after I get all these posted, I'll start my submission checks from the last patch in a more "organized" fashion, however, in a "catch as catch can" I haven't come across any issues.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: