Old May 1st, 2022, 08:25 PM

Corporal

lansoar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4K and large monitors

[quote=Mobhack;852429][quote=lansoar;852426]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post

No, not for that game
ah. Officially me neither. Cut my teeth on SP2 though. I bugged the historical consultant big time thus establishing my PitA credentials. Think his name was Jim Worth....might be wrong. I remember complaining about SAM ineffectiveness and how I'd double ACC to get something decent.....like Stingers with AC 110 in my mod. Also commented on how the singular weapons of SP2 had bad effects when going back in time.....classic example was the 105mm NATO L7. SP2 to WinSBT is a long evolution. amazing game. Used to play it night and day. Wish I still had that much free time!

In defense of WAW, a lot of good ideas were attempted, some more successful than others. Had development continued, it might be a contender to this day.....though I have doubts, mainly due to the seemingly inherent vulnerability of soft units in the SP3 engine of which WAW was based on.

Ultimately I think the game suffered from over-focus on armored vehicle combat.....the Hollywood stars of the show in other words. Thus more humble but vital elements, mainly INF were left with little to no modification from the SP3 engine. Europe and North African scenarios were the most popular so the Pacific scenarios where INF battles and limited armor support in unfriendly tank terrain suffered as a result.