View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2008, 04:50 PM

Captain

Bwaha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OT: Bible Discussion (Split from Real World Sensitivities)

Okay, I had to move to a better connection. Tifone you asked me why I have these beliefs. Please let me tell you some of my history. I grew up with some problems that left me quite bitter. In response I grew to hate god. How dare he do this to me... So as a teenager I joined a coven. I considered this to be cool, we had a place to smoke dope and were served beer in a "safe" environment. But as I saw the terrible things that they did I didn't want to participate in them. In a dream a demon grabbed me and I cried out to god. I used his grace to get out of the clutches of the devil. Then I had a problem, they wanted me dead. So I joined the air force to get out of town. I took the path that got me out as quickly as possible. No mos specified. After taking the aptitude tests they decided to make me a crew chief for a b-52g, in sac no less. So here I was sitting next to a bunch of nukes all the time. I wanted to distract myself from what I was doing. So I read scifi when I was waiting to fire the missiles. One of the things that they pounded into us was global war was gonna happen. It was simply a matter of time. When they did a ori test we didn't know if it was a test or the real thing. To us each test was the real thing. We had orders to fire if we didn't get the recall signal. Brrr, I tell yah it was scary. So it was noticed I was reading and they didn't want me to be distracted. So came the command "don't read scifi on the flight line." So I got a bible and started reading it. Much to my horror I found a lot of similarity's to global thermo-nuclear war and the writings I was reading. And I turned into a pacifist. After being threatened with military prison if I didn't change my mind. I clung to my convictions and they let me go. Honorable discharge BTW. So I went on about my life and got hooked up with a group known as the order of Saint Luke. These people go the hospitals and comfort the dying. In one of times I was there my mentor took me to the chapel and told me to close my eyes. Then she prayed that I would have a vision. I did. I can't divulge exactly what I saw, but lets just say it was wonderful. I've looked at Jesus in his full glory, and heard, well done my faithful servant, enter into paradise... So I can't say I believe, because I know. Sorry about the length of my rant but you asked. I've experienced many other things as well.

He who laughs last didn't get the joke.
Saber

Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Socrates used to say, the best form of government was that in which the people obeyed their rulers, and the rulers obeyed the laws.

Last edited by Bwaha; September 30th, 2008 at 04:52 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Bwaha For This Useful Post: