View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2018, 08:37 AM

Private

kulik242 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Daesh Wars series

Hello, I've been playing these for the past few days:

Battle at Kobani - Marginal victory. Very likable scenario, huge area to defend and forces spread out thin, but enough transport means to ferry troops around as needed. The long city roads are great firing lanes for the otherwise useless technicals.

Battle at Azaz - Marginal victory. This one would be a draw if the AI would hold and defend its ground once the attack has stalled. I had many losses and managed to hold the inner city, after the Turkish banzai charge, I retook the flags with scouts as there was no one left to defent them.

On the road to Manbij - Draw. I don't like attack scenarios where I have no control over the initial setup of my forces. The way my troops were spread out, I was forced to push on the whole front which rarely works. The attack stalled after I couldn't win fire superiority in most places I was pushing. SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT: Strong enemy armor presence, I've run out of ATGM ammo. Perhaps I should save air support to counter enemy armor but I used it to suppress plausible HMG's and sniper locations of which there are many on this map.

Looking forward for playing the rest.
The Following User Says Thank You to kulik242 For This Useful Post: