View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2014, 03:29 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Steel Panthers Crazy Colors

Not much on software but video cards that's a little different.
1. Not knowing all your system details have you verified that you have the latest update for your card? I would recommend that I.E. if HIS made your ATI RADEON card that you go to AMD for the latest updates as the card manufacturers are normally one or two updates behind. This is sometimes a very common issue on new systems depending how long they;ve been sitting on the shelf. Also this applies to your OS as well.

2. A video card can sometimes act normal in everyday use (Though somewhat rare.) such as going to your homepage etc. Have you tested it trying to use a different game that's not in the SP family? This will help narrow down any setup issues within this game. If another game is doing the same it'll probaly be something related to the setup of the video card.

3. Open the box to issue the card is connected properly. You can with some setups not have a "good connection" but still have enough data flow to cover "light use" functions as noted above. This happened to me once many years ago. Again the card has to be "challenged" if you will.

4. This can be done before #3 if you want. Verify you video card settings match your desktop settings. I wouldn't think the game settings would cause your current problems though. But I know Andy is looking at this for you.

5. Sorry if you've already done the above just basing mine I what I read.

Regards,
Pat