View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2010, 11:22 AM

Captain

Jarkko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CBM MA Races Rankings - Voted by the community!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelloid View Post
Jarkko-
Machaka:
Machaka's early game is as good as Ermor's? Seriously? I don't buy it. Now, you can do two things as Machaka - you can bless your cap only sacreds, which might buy you a great early game but it'll suck later (limited availability because they're cap only and eat resources like crazy), or you can go without a bless and have a pretty poor early game.
Just *what* can Ermor do against spiders in early game? Not a squat. And for example Ashdod Giants are breakfast for black spiders, bless or no bless.

Quote:
Midgame can't rate above 100 unless you're Ashdod. And I doubt anyone would say they dominate the mid game, so while I agree they're strongest here, they can't rate even 100, much less over 100.
There are few things that can stand against Machaka in Midgame. Thug rush? Spiders eat them for breakfast. SC's or giants? Shadow bolt them till they don't know where their butt is. Massed undead spam? Blade Wind from range and Flame eruption close up. Everything else just fries in Falling Fire.

I am willing to take Ermor on in midgame any time as Machaka, and I'll laugh myself silly at their puny attempts.

Quote:
And they have (pretty good) death magic and thus national access to one endgame path. They must be better than '0'. A 0 for endgame implies no endgame magic options. I think it hilarious you find 60 for Pan appropriate because they have access to tarts, but Machaka rates a 0 to you when its death access is at least as good.
Machaka has no national mages able to cast GoH or forge the chalice. Pan can get GoH up without a sweat. Pan has also access to lots of Blood (and thus Life for a Life which simply kills end game SC's just like *that*), which Machaka can only dream about. Add to that the sneaking regular armies of Pan who disrupt all your movement lines, burn temples and all that. Pan has a ton of mages able to cast faery trod and move lots and lots of hard hitting troops along. What can Machaka do that compares with that? Summon tartarians with afflictions and no means to get rid of the afflictions; that sure does rock the house...

Quote:
Eriu:
Compared to what other nations are fielding, firbolg are *not that good*. They're pretty bad actually. To pretend otherwise is just crazy. Oceania's icthycentaurs, for example, are vastly superior, and most people wouldn't rate Oceania as having an amazing early game.
Firbolg alone arent worth a poo, but together with mages able to cast False Fetters they rock. Have you ever tried to rush Eriu? It just doesn't work; having your troops shackled by False Fetters means your elite troops will be eaten alive by the *not that good* firbolg, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about that. Eriu is strong in early game, so-so in midgame and absolutely no tools in end-game.

Last edited by Jarkko; February 18th, 2010 at 11:35 AM..