View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2009, 12:11 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Bible Discussion (Split from Real World Sensitivities)

Sorry it was late, what I meant was they had been selected already as being unworthy by birthplace. No chance of hearing the word & hence salvation & one could say punished with a harder life to.

I would agree that a lower standard of living is no bad thing in 3rd world countries I would make sure once I realised to be able to repay peoples hospitality. In many cases I was invited into strangers homes & fed because its a sign of freindship, the done thing. For several of these I am sure feeding me was a bigger sacrifice than you might expect but you could not refuse so made sure I had something to give in return. People just are far more friendly only 2 times ever in Central Europe has this happened to me & never in a big city.
You do not have to go totaly native to get this change, getting out of the "rat race" money driven culture seems enough. Also people have/take the time to try & understand you help etc which strangely means despite language barriers etc you feel less alienated than back home. Slow your pace of life down & do your best to recipricate.