Thread: Fed Up
View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2011, 08:53 AM

Sergeant

spillblood is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fed Up

But he hasn't told me specifically which settings to enable so that he can see AI-errors.
Hehe, I wanna quote a post from another forum (the forums of Armada 2526 by Ntronium Games:
"Thanks for the feedback, spillblood.
Well I wouldn't be too hard on Shrapnel Games for the quality of the game itself, although I concur it sucks that they don't do refunds. It's Aaron Hall of Malfador Machinations who actually made World Supremacy, and his PC titles have always been known for their weak AI (his Space Empires series is notorious for it). The actual gameplay and mechanics are generally pretty solid, but he can't code computer opponents worth a damn.

I did play the WS demo a little, but not enough to really get a good impression of it. Sorry to hear you had to buy the game before realizing (too late) that it wasn't your cup of tea, but I appreciate you sharing your take on it! It'll at least save the rest of us money and time better spent on good games (like Armada 2526 Supernova)."

I had put a warning not to buy the game there. Man, if I had known the Space Empires series already had poor AI, I wouldn't have bought World Supremacy.