View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2011, 03:59 PM

Captain

Cross is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Comments, suggestions and problem reports

Some interesting topics on this thread.

Crews

I agree that crews should have minimal self-defense, to reflect a survival mindset once they've abandoned their vehicle. Head for the rear and try not to bump into anyone.
And as many crew abandon a burning vehicle, grabbing an SMG and a belt full of clips may not always be top priority.

Truck Crews

Many military trucks have a driver and ‘drivers mate’ riding shotgun. And as RD said, the 2 crew makes the truck a little harder to kill, which is as it should be IMHO. But I do think small utility vehicles, like Jeeps, should only have 1 crew because there’s no room for a drivers mate, and once hit the compact vehicle should be far easier to KO than a large truck. I believe there are a few Jeeps with crew 2, and personally I would change them to 1 crew.

Ammo Truck Icons

Ammo trucks should obviously not ever be spotted by the enemy, or something's gone wrong With that in mind, the icons are mostly for their own commander to be able to quickly locate his own ammo trucks on the battlefield.

I think the closer you get to the 'sharp end' of the front line the smaller the ammo trucks should be. Trucks that are ferrying ammo right up to the very front, should probably by armoured - as someone already said – and are available to many nations, or you should use ammo canisters which can be ferried in anonymous trucks, and even a right click won’t reveal the contents of the truck, and the enemy has to get real close to spot an unloaded ammo canister.

But if the enemy spots an ammo truck that is stationary and supplying an artillery unit, they would also likely spot a pile of ammo boxes by the back of the truck, so in that case the enemy deserves to instantly know it’s an ammo truck, and a distinctive ammo truck icon is warranted.

Cross
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cross For This Useful Post: