Thread: Chronicles MA
View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2009, 01:49 AM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Chronicles MA

Turn 2 = R'lyeh

Eribon, a human settlement

Erman lay in the bed above the smithy, where he kept the severed hand found on the merling’s shield, threshing as visions of a dark iron citadel beneath the waves permeated his dreams. The keep beneath the sea was filled with twisting, curved towers, organic and alien, a cold bluish light emanating from within. A thunderous rumbling from the gates as eons of silt shook loose and out of the gaping maw issued forth an army of something that looked like enslaved merlings, not unlike the one Erman had seen washed up on the shores some days past.

It wasn’t those beasts but something coming up from behind them that gave rise to a growing sense of terror. He heard in his dreams a set of footsteps slow, but loud, sending pulsing waves through the murky water. Each step brought a sharp stab of pain to Erman’s head and his heart pounded faster, a cold sweat breaking out through all of his pores. Each step the sense of terror increased, until Erman was wheezing for breath, his face blue, his eyes fluttering, his hands clenched around the sheets, the pain in his head tremendous.

We found Erman that morning, no sign of what killed him, just a trickle of blood around his ears and an expression of terror on his face, his sheets torn to shreds. I told Ulwuth then that we would be wise to leave Eribon and head for the safety of Ulm. I wish he would have listened to me.