View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2010, 10:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

Stagger Lee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EA: Vanilla, Newbie game [GOOD AGAIN!]

Everyone's gone kinda quiet on this, so I guess it's no longer a possibility. This is a newbie game, and in that spirit I will try to give a DAR (as they're calling it in tophats) so any who read this will understand my old position (I no longer claim the right to change my turn if we rollback).

Tien Ch'i and Lanka had peace for the early stages of development, and a NAP, which was ended according to proper form around turn 20. We asked the demons to reconsider, but they said they were hungry. We advised them that, after eating us, they would only be hungry again in an hour, but they would not be deterred.

A seemingly endless string of losses followed, and the proud Empire of the East was desperate. The sacred, regenerating demons were large and indeed very hungry. Finally, at the end of our string, two things happened.

1) Our god broke free, reinvigorating our defense of our cap, and

2) Our generals learned something called a communion. Lots of mages working together to cast spells that are far more powerful than than simply casting them in succession would be.

Few demons crawled away from the epic battle at our capital that day. And in the next few months, a series of victories followed, on two fronts. As our main communion army (under the command of our god, Gan Ning) rested and studied on our side of the bridge to Lanka, awaiting the ground troops who would be there in one month to begin the invasion, we received word that the demon leadership was about to commit some odd suicide pact.

Furious that he was being robbed of the victory he believed he had earned, Gan Ning, several immortal heroes (immortal on this side of the bridge), and a bunch of communion mages said f*** this, and charged the demon army on the other side of the bridge. Before his top advisors got home from work to try and change his mind, the turn had hosted.

The leaderless demons are already hungry again.

I honestly don't know where I stand on the issue of rolling back anymore. Lanka should probably have a player, since I'm sure I can rebuild most of my army, call back my god, and so on. But this game which was so fun just a few turns ago, is a mess for me now. I still want to thank Humakty for forcing me to learn communions, and I will continue to play.

Sorry for taking up so much time, it won't happen again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stagger Lee For This Useful Post: