Old May 5th, 2010, 12:03 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Let’s all take a deep breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerius View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalz View Post
*Obviously* important members of the community deserve special consideration - they are what makes the community.
Oh great, apply this standard and you just know llamabeast is going to come in here and treat us all like his bi***es.
Ive moderated many forums since the birth of the net, and multiple times as a paid job. Ive seen forums operate in many different styles. All I can say is that everything has its pros and cons.

Its not hard to find forums which openly treat people differently. Where someones opinion of who is or isnt important to that community is a factor in punishments. You can also find forums where the community itself carries out courts and punishments. And then there are forums where the rules are posted, punishments done in private conversation, and no amount of public outcry can drag out the particulars except to talk to the individuals themselves.

All of these have their pros and cons. Which one you consider to be best for a corporate owned service is an opinion for each of us to form. It appears that Shrapnel has decided. (my personal opinions or suggestions on the matter will be sent to Shrapnel in private mail rather than publicly because thats safer... um... I mean more appropriate)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gandalf Parker For This Useful Post: